Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Some animals more equal than others."

Sorry I haven't been able to update this blog more often... I've been kept busy with two federal civil right lawsuits. (With a third planned!)

And, frankly, depressed.

As one of the more righteous federal judges opined about traditions granting immunity to those Congress allowed us to sue: "The most remarkable thing about this sad story is that our law of excessive force, supervisory liability, and qualified immunity has become so labyrinthine (and maybe so overly forgiving) that both supervisors have substantial [legally valid, but morally bankrupt] arguments that they should not be liable for the violation of the dead man's civil rights."

Amen?

As a brief update, which I hope to fully document more here someday with the actual correspondence back and forth, I've pretty much exhausted all attempts to get equal criminal justice for former judge hinson.

As I started to outline previously, before the finding of fact by the Commission on Judicial Conduct that former judge hinson falsified affidavits to get his paychecks, I wrote to Mr. Terry Goddard, the current Arizona Attorney General. (Who is now running for governor.) I don't think I jumped the gun, as all the data to show criminal activity was in the public record I provided. The only thing the Commission's report did was certify the facts.

After he rejected acting, I went back to Square One.

After former judge hinson resigned from office, I filed a criminal complaint with the local Yavapai Sheriff (Steve Waugh). He in turn, passed the buck (apparently without any investigation) to the Yavapai Prosecutor. (Sheila Polk.)

To her credit, Mrs. Polk forwarded the information to former Maricopa County Andrew Thomas. (I pointed out in the complaint that Mrs. Polk had recused herself from hinson's ethic matter.) This was during the time that Mr. Thomas and Mrs. Polk were having their dust up over the Don Stapley matter, where Mrs. Polk declined to prosecute Mr. Stapley. Even though Mr. Thomas had gone after a judge in Maricopa County for bribery, he declined to prosecute former judge hinson. (I hope that was a staffer's decision and not his. But who knows?)

The Sonoran Alliance article, cited, above, reinforces my observation, alluded elsewhere in this blog, that Mrs. Polk is NOT a Conservative. So it's not just me saying it.

And call me "conspiratorial," but could there be a Mormon connection here again with her not prosecuting Commissioner Stapley? Remember the BIG favor she did for Mormon Senator Bennett years ago.

Then I went back to Mr. Goddard's office, where I got the usual blow off letter although a hint that I should go to the Arizona Department of Public Safety's Criminal Investigation Division to grease the skids, to bring this matter up through inside channels, not from the outside.

Interestingly, I got a letter from the Director of DPS, Col. Halliday. Someone did a little homework there, and outlined pretty much what I'm outlining here. He refused to act. (Did you see the lawsuit involving the Director's daughter? Pretty racy. If true, sounds like some ethics problems within the family.)

And that's where it ends. Contrary to a claim on PBS's Horizon programMr. Rick Romley made after he took over at interim Maricopa County Prosecutor, judges ARE above the law. (Mr. Romley claimed that "No one is above the law.")

You'll probably see this again in my civil lawsuit against Judge Mary Hamm for engaging in ex parte communication, which she's arguing that engaging in ex parte communication is a protected "judicial function."

Oink.

No comments: