Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kudos to Linda Stein, Daily Courier Reporter

When former judge hinson resigned, Republicans (as opposed to Conservatives like me) spun the story to say judge hinson "retired." Unfortunately, Governor Brewer spun it this way.

Usually the lame-stream media, lapdog instead of watchdog, parrots the spin (mixing metaphors) and, if I recall correctly, this is how I saw the story reported.

So kudos to Linda Stein, the court reporter at the Prescott Daily Courier Newspaper (or "Newsletter," per locals) for reporting it right. Hinson resigned.

Linda knows her stuff and even knows that a prosecutor is required to disclose all exculpatory material in a criminal case. She knew all about Brady.

Unfortunately, I've not seen a by-line in the Courier by Linda since the end of December and calls / emails to her at the Courier are un-returned. I'm thinking she may not work there anymore. A shame, because, as I said, she knew her stuff.

No comments: